Our growing criminal defense firm is excited to hire a full-time Paralegal/Legal Assistant for our Northside Indianapolis office. Experience in criminal law is preferred but not required. The environment is extremely fast-paced and requires excellent people skills, particularly compassion for our clients. The ideal applicant is self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, and must have a willingness to engage as part of our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- E-filing all attorney motions and briefs.
- Managing attorney court schedules.
- Answering phones.
- Opening/closing files.
- Processing new business intake information.
- Organizing file materials.
- Managing and maintaining calendars.
- Opening and processing daily mail.
- Processing payments, copying & scanning.
- Scheduling meetings, and communication with clients, opposing counsel, and courts.
- Require a minimum of 2 years of law office experience with preference given to those with criminal law experience.
- Experience with the Indiana e-filing system.
- Familiarity with law firm practice software.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
Working hours are 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
- Paid Time Off