Catalyst Experiential is looking for an experienced Real Estate Paralegal join our team. Working from our headquarters in the Philadelphia Area (Newtown Square, PA), the role will work with the Real Estate Chief Counsel and support the company in developing real estate locations for its new installations. The ideal candidate should have transactional real estate and land use litigation experience.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and filing of applications, complaints, notices of appeal, and supporting addenda for litigation matters related to land use including zoning relief, challenges to the validity of local ordinances, appeals of location determinations or decisions, and appeals to court under applicable state law, across multiple jurisdictions.
- Administration and support for all pre-trial discovery and post-trial operations in real estate-related litigation matters, including evidence preservation/non-spoliation notices, requests for interrogatories and for the production of documents, event and deadline calendaring, subpoenas, review of documents both provided and to-be-provided in response to discovery requests, witness preparation, drafting and research related to briefs, memoranda of law, and other pre-trial filings.
- Preparation, administration, recording, and filing of all documents, instruments, and executions related to the acquisition, development, financing, and disposition of real property across multiple jurisdictions.
- Drafting and revising term sheets; letters of intent; agreements of sale; leases; deeds; easements and rights of way; declarations; covenants; legal descriptions; appraisals; promissory notes; mortgages and mortgage modifications; releases; recordable site and plat plans; operation and maintenance agreements; and subordination, non-disturbance, and attornment agreements;
- Independent and directed resolution of emergent issues relating to the real estate acquisition, development, and disposition process.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the administration of transactional due diligence activities such as title insurance issue resolution, survey documentation, real estate tax assessment appeals, and similar.
- All aspects of land development and/or subdivision approval process including municipal rezoning requests, variances, and other forms of zoning relief, as well as obtaining approvals of site plans or subdivision and land development applications.
- Interacting with landlords, title agents, or other external real estate related vendors and personnel.
- General support for Real Estate Chief Counsel and other internal real estate professionals in both transactional and litigation activities.
- Associate’s degree or a bachelor's degree in paralegal studies or similar
- Certificates in paralegal studies with a concentration in real estate topics such as escrow, title insurance, and taxes are a plus.
- Certified Notary a plus
- Minimum of 8-10+ years of experience in as a paralegal will be required
- Very strong understanding of the real estate development, litigation, and construction industry
- Hands-on experience with complex data research activities and public entity search engines (state, municipal, county, court, DEP, etc).
- Very strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Must excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task proficiently
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
This position offers full benefits, a variety of growth opportunities, and the potential for incentive compensation.