Busy Family Law firm seeking bright, detail oriented, organized and professional person to support our Firm.
Primary duties include:
- Telephone and in person contact with clients, Court personnel, attorneys, and other professionals to schedule meetings, gather information, and screen potential clients
- Interview prospective clients, perform conflict checks, coordinate consultations, set up new client files
- Manage high volume of emails and calendar activity, including calendaring and tracking deadlines
- Keeping track of tasks and their status for the team and following up for completion
- Review of documents and verifying their accuracy and completion through cross-reference with other documents
- Preparing legal documentation including drafting pleadings, budgets, deposition notices, subpoenas, motions, orders, settlement proposals, Rule 11 Agreements and other legal documents
- Fact gathering, including online research, interviewing clients, witnesses, experts and medical providers, and preparing summaries of same
- Preparing trial and hearing notebooks, including gathering and organizing documents, Bates labeling, printing and binding
- Maintaining paper and electronic files, including creating and maintaining folders, pleading/discovery indices, attorney notes and research
- Filing documents electronically with the Courts and/or Court Clerks
- Occasional local travel for meetings or Court
- Strong work ethic and desire to work
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and follow up on tasks
- Excellent proof-reading skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of professionalism in a sometimes-stressful environment
- Typing 60 words per minute or more with high accuracy rate
Strong experience using the Microsoft Windows environment and Office Suite, including Word and Outlook and basic Excel (data entry, simple formulas), eFiling software and Adobe. Experience with Sage software preferred.
Board Certified Paralegal preferred but not required.