The Mary Beth Harrell Law Firm is seeking an energetic, motivated and positive Associate Attorney in the area of Criminal Defense, primarily misdemeanors with some felony work. Our office is located in Killeen, Texas. We practice in Bell, Coryell and McLennan counties, and Federal court.
Responsibilities may include:
- Meeting with clients and advise them of their constitutional rights and defenses
- Reviewing discovery and evidence to build case notes for trial preparation
- Research and evaluate findings to develop strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases
- Prepare legal documents, briefs, and opinions in state and federal courts of appeal
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for individuals
- Meeting with prosecutors to discuss cases and provide oral advocacy
- Present evidence to defend clients in criminal cases
- Present and summarize cases to judges and juries
- Must be licensed to practice law in Texas
- 0-3 years experience in criminal defense
- Commitment to the representation of accused persons
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, witnesses, staff, court and agency personnel.
- Salary Negotiable
- Employer paid healthcare and dental
- Retirement and profit sharing
- Wellness Program
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
3rd year Law Student
We will consider hiring a student who has taken the Bar Exam and is waiting on the result. In that case, you must submit an unofficial copy of your law school transcript. In addition to a resume.
Job ID: 264282676