Job ID: 219553313
MUST BE ACTIVE MEMBER OF CALIFORNIA STATE BAR IN GOOD STANDING.
FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY.
Job Purpose: Protect the rights among individuals who are or will be joined together by genetics, marriage, or any other legally recognized means by counseling and representing clients in matters of divorce, paternity, domestic partnerships, child custody, child visitation, child support, spousal support, division of property, domestic violence, prenuptial agreements, marital settlement agreements, and other issues that relate to family relationships.
* MUST BE DETAIL ORIENTED
* MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN A SMALL OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
* POSITION DOES REQUIRE COURT APPEARANCES AND CLIENT REPRESENTATION.
* POSITION DOES REQUIRE THAT EMPLOYEE MAINTAIN MINIMUM BILLABLE HOURS.
* Position is well trained but then independent thought and tasking is required.
* Obtains and retains family law clients by following-up on referrals; understanding case information; presenting legal options; maintaining rapport.
* Provides family law legal advice by conducting legal research; keeping clients abreast of case developments; providing explanations of legal concepts and actions.
* Develops family law cases by supervising paralegals; reviewing investigative findings; consulting with experts; completing discovery process.
* Negotiates alimony and spousal support by developing terms of assistance to spouse requiring support.
* Upholds the state child support guidelines by obtaining orders of the court for the noncustodial parent to contribute portions of his or her income to the support of the child.
* Maintains the "best interests of the child" standard by resolving custody and visitation issues when parents are divorced or separated, when the parents have never been married, or when some type of reproductive technology, such as, surrogate motherhood or sperm and egg donation cases was used in the creation of the child.
* Completes the legal dissolution of marriage by completing the divorce process; resolving spousal and child support, child custody and visitation, and property and debt division, either by the parties' voluntary agreement, through the assistance of a mediator, or after a court trial.
* Brings actions against perpetrators of domestic violence by seeking protection through legal mechanisms for children and adults protected under the Domestic Violence Protection Act.
* Imposes child support obligations, gains or prohibits custody or visitation rights by establishing paternity.
* Completes family law case preparation by preparing legal briefs; developing strategies, arguments, and testimony.
* Establishes future property distributions by developing prenuptial agreements.
* Maintains family law issues and case progress by following and enforcing productivity and quality standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
* Resolves family law issues by completing contracts and agreements; settling, mediating, or bringing cases to trial; filing lawsuits; planning, investigating, organizing, and presenting arguments and counter-arguments; engaging expert witnesses; preparing and presenting evidence; preparing and interrogating witnesses.
* Maintains family law cost standards by monitoring expenses; recommending cost-saving opportunities.
* Improves family law quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Updates family law job knowledge by tracking case law and the development of legal theories; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal network.
Cullen, Murphy & Naples
Family Law Firm Family Law Firm