Job ID: 163077162
5 - 10 years
MARSHALLTOWN Company has an opportunity for an attorney to work as In-House Counsel at the Marshalltown, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems and must exercise mature and reliable judgement.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Drafts or reviews contracts and other legal documents or correspondence
- Oversees and collaborates with outside counsel on trademarks, patents, product liability and other legal matters
- Develop and assess case strategies, conduct and manage interview of fact and expert witnesses, handle discovery requests and review court filings
- Work closely with Human Resources regarding labor and employment law and government compliance
- Maintains records required for legal matters and projects
- Maintains corporate and shareholder records to support corporate activity
- Drafts correspondence related to shareholder activity
- Routinely handles confidential work for the President and other executive management
- Reviews and researches potential acquisition candidates
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned
Essential functions may be supplemented due to the absence of others or changes in business conditions.
Qualifications of the Position Include:
- Juris Doctrate and 10 years of experience in product liability, government compliance, employment law, litigation and internal investigations.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Highly skilled at writing business and legal documents
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- High attention to detail
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills